ATMs have become an important part of everyday life. One of the most convenient benefits of an ATM is the ability to get cash whenever and wherever you need it. Just as you would take precautions with most financial matters, there are some common-sense guidelines you can follow when using an ATM to keep you, your money and your financial information safe.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Be aware of what is around you, especially at night. If you observe anything suspicious, DO NOT use the ATM at that time.
- Have your card ready. As you approach the ATM, you should have your card ready to use. Be careful that no one can see you enter your PIN; use your body to shield your numbers.
- Memorize your PIN. Don’t write down your PIN and especially not on the back of the card.
- Don’t count your cash at the ATM. Be cautious about counting your cash at the ATM or in public view after you conduct a transaction. A best practice is to wait until you’re in your car or another secure location. You should also try to avoid making large cash withdrawals at an ATM.
- Keep your engine running and doors locked when using a drive-up ATM. When possible, you should leave enough room to maneuver between your car and the one ahead of you in the drive-up line.
Quick access to your money is convenient. If you need cash at any time, an ATM is where you go. Your safety is important to us, so please follow these guidelines to keep you and your money safe. For more information about our ATM locations, visit arcolafb.com