- Create a checklist. List all items, amenities and desires as you weigh prospective homes, and check them off as you inspect each one to ensure you make a practical decision.
- Know what you can afford. Your home expenses should be about 25%-30% of your monthly income.
- Strengthen your credit score. The higher your credit score, the lower your monthly payment. Get a copy of your credit report and ensure your credit is in good order.
- Get pre-approved. Nothing is more frustrating than finding the right home and losing your chance to make an offer.
- Create an emergency fund. From maintenance costs to enhancements and more, have cash ready to cover the inevitable expenses that come with homeownership. Experts recommend saving three to six months’ worth of expenses.
- Budget like a homeowner. Ensure you have saved enough to pay for taxes, lawn care, utilities and more.
- Make sure you like the house. It’s worth the wait to find the home you love.
Whether you’re buying your first home or dream home, our mortgage team is here with expert advice and simplified solutions. Give us a call or visit one of our convenient locations to get started.